The curriculum for Forms 1 & 2 is broad-based and offers foundation studies in English, Mathematics, Modern Languages (options: Siswati, Portuguese and French), Integrated Science, History, Geography, Life Skills, Art & Design, Music, Computer Skills, Physical Education and Religious Studies.
All students up to the end of the second year of high school will follow a common course.
At the end of Form 2 students are given advice and asked to make choices in subjects they want to pursue. This is a two-year course covered in Forms 3 & 4.
1.English Language (First Language)
2. English Literature
5. IT (which grows into ICDL, independent, non-Cambridge qualification)
6. Life Skills (non-examinable)
7. Religious Education (non-examinable)
8. Physical Education (theory and practice)
9. Business Studies or Economics
10. Physical Science or History
11. Accounting or Art & Design
12. Geography or Global Perspectives
The Cambridge IGCSE examination is written at the end of Form 4
Form 5 – AS Level
In the 5th year, we offer Cambridge Advanced Subsidiary Level, which is written at the end of Form 5 (i.e. a one-year course). AS level courses grow out of IGCSE.
Admissions The main requirements for admissions to Forms One, Two and Three are as follows:
(i) a good pass in SPC examination (applicable only to students from primary schools in Swaziland applying into Form 1)
(ii) At least a passing grade in the Sifundzani High Schools in Mathematics, English and verbal reasoning assessment tests, i.e. entrance test.
(iii) Evidence from interview and school reports that the student’s presence will enrich the atmosphere of the school.
(iv) A good report from the previous Head teacher
(v) The student has not been asked to leave another school.
The main requirement for admission into Form 5 (AS Level) is as follows: any student who has achieved at least a grade B in five subjects (including English Language) at IGCSE. The applicant should be able to offer the subjects according to the following subject set-up:
1. First Language English and Literature (compulsory)
3. History or Physical Science
4. Art and Design or Accounting
6. Economics or Business Studies
7. French (AS Level) or Portuguese (AS)
8. ICDL (compulsory)-- no admission requirements for this course
Each student is expected to do a minimum of 4 subjects and a maximum of 5 subjects.